Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Card for All Reasons

Hi folks. It's time to play along with Crafty Secrets' Linky Party. I love the vintage look of their Clear Art Stamps, and for this card, the bunnies from 'Happy Easter' are having an outing.


 I was in an Easter mood when I created this, which explains my color scheme for the house.  

However, I think this card could also be a 'Welcome to your new home' or 'Congratulations on your newest family member' or 'Happy Mother's Day' card.

I stamped the rabbits in Stazon brown, colored the images with Prismacolor pencils, and used Gamsol for blending. They were a bit noodgie to fussy cut, but no ears were lost in the process.

The windows and doors are from Papertrey's 'Home Made' stamp set, and they are embossed and cut out. The door is finished with a wreath of ribbon trim glued in a circle with a silk ribbon bow. I already have more plans for cards made with these two sets.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and enjoy your Mother's Day!

4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little scene, Marcie!! I love the watercolor look you've given the bunnies (those are the sweetest little images!), and the little wreath made with trim is so cute! And I agree...it could be used for LOTS of occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcie, this is such an adorable card and cute scene you created with the bunnies returning home, or they could be out for a visit. It's all the little details you've added that make it extra special. Great job! Thanks for choosing our Easter Joy Stamp set to play with and posting in our Crafty Secrets May Linky Party.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Such a pretty scene you've created. Super sweet card!!
    Thanks for playing along with us this month for our linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MARCIE!!!!!! Thanks for coming over to visit! I'm SO HAPPY you liked my Organizational Recipe & that it will help!!!!! Easter or not, I think you LIKE BUNNIES!!!!!!! :) Your header is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! :) I am a Bunny lover too! Your card is SOOO SWEET!!!!!!!(I'll have to look for this set at Crafty Secrets!) :) I'll be posting some BUNNIE things SOON---probably after this next week! It's a BABY GIFT & time is running out to get it there! The baby is due in JUNE!!!!!!!! :) Hope you come over to visit again SOON!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...