Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Papertrey's April 2013 Blog Hop Challenge - Tilted


This month Papertrey's challenge is to use a tilted image in our card design. 


I wanted to do a Valentine with a sewing theme. The look of white on Papertrey's kraft card stock is one of my favorites, and worked perfectly to show off the embossed stitching and lace.

 A no-brainer was to use the Papertrey's fabulous 'Button Boutique' set and button dies. The heart shaped buttons and all the patterns on the buttons are from Papertrey's 'Heart Prints' set, and all buttons are die cut from their paper coasters. (I love the coaster's thickness. It allows a hefty cardboard shape to be cut, and it even plumps up a bit after being crushed by the machine. At $1 for  twenty-five coasters , they're a big bang for the buck.)

'Pure Poppy' ink was an ideal match to accompany my recolored Queen of Hearts image from the internet. (This picture was taken on one of those crummy, dark, rainy days. I make sure to do that, so I can claim how much prettier it is on a sunny day.) ;>

Non-Papertrey items used include:  Darcie's large background lace stamp, Limited Edition's 'Ribbon Lace Strips' (white ric-rac), Hero Art's white embossing powder, and Crafty Secrets 'Antique Trims' stamps (lacy border).

Thanks for visiting!

 


7 comments:

  1. Love how your elements come together in this card!! Perfect for a Valentine theme and such a great idea to match that image up with the 'buttons'! And Kraft, red and white ALWAYS look great together! Great to see one of your creations again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great slants, Marcie. Love the colors, and the stamps, especially those sweet buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the colors and you rocked the tilt challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have elements tilting away from each other - the button card & buttons are terrifc & I always love kraft & red together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcie!
    I saw your comment on Betsy Veldman's blog... To organize your sentiments I have a post on my blog about that... here: http://tladydesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/organization-recipe-for-stampers.html#comment-form HOPE you find it helpful! OR maybe, it'll give you an idea... :) Your card is GREAT!!!!!! :) I ALWAYS LOOOOOOOOOOVE using Kraft cardstock for my creations! AND, I TOO LOOOOOVE PTI stamps! :) AND it looks like we visit the SAME PLACES TOO!!!!! :)
    BLESSINGS!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...