Saturday, February 8, 2014

Poinsettia Tag for Festive Friday #24


Hi folks. I've been following my dear blog friend, Geri at Paper Wishes, for quiet a while now. She is a spectacularly talented artist and a down right beautiful soul. Her designs always blow me away, and I've been loving the places she visits in Blogdom.


Her designs for Festive Fridays Challenge Blog are some of my favorites, and I decided to give it a try myself, especially since this week's FFC24 inspiration photo is ripe with potential, and features one of my favorite color schemes.


My contribution is an eight inch tall tag. This composition is a bit more Rococo than my usual fare, but I kind of like it. Here are the ways I think this card gibes with the photo:
1. Many different colors of white with gold enhancement.
2. Organic twisted "lines" that run through the image.
3. Round white and gold balls.
4. Glitter here and there.
5. Both have a fair amount of depth. (The picture below was taken with side lighting to capture the feeling of depth that really doesn't show too well in the picture above.)


The poinsettia dies from Spellbinders, and the "merry" die from Papertrey are some of my favorites. (By the way, don't you just love the gold paper the word is cut from; it's wall paper from the 1940s backed with heavy stock.)  I really like the ribbon at the top and think it goes, BUT, I sure don't like the bow it makes. Do you have any suggestions for a better topper that won't cover up the tag?

Can't thank you enough for visiting. I'll be visiting your place soon!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I think you've captured the cluttered feel of the inspiration photo (in a good way! lol!, I know cluttered doesn't always have good connotations, but here it's beautiful!) Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! This is stunning!! What a very beautiful tag! Those poinsettias are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful tag, Marcie! The poinsettias are beautiful and I love the way you turned the "merry" on its side--great idea! Thanks so much for playing along with Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Marcie! Those poinsettias look so very lovely with the subtle variations in the layers of petals and the touches of gold. The pearl centers are perfect, and I agree with Rebecca...love the placement of your 'merry'! Hey...I'm so glad you joined in on the fun at Festive Friday...and you are too sweet! Hope you have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...