Thursday, December 8, 2011

Merry, Merry Glitter to All

I just love making tags this time of year. There are so many techniques to try out, and the little venue of tags is perfect for experimentation. (The tags that work out get to come to the Christmas parties on gifts.)

This week's PTI Make It Monday #44 is a glitter-all-over format. In order to make tags using the floppy adhesive paper, I first adhered the plain paper side to a piece of card stock, and then sent it through the die. The overlapping silhouettes required some careful thought, and it was very hard to get the very small cardinal 'masks' to stay put while I glittered. I tried several other coated papers to see if they would work better than the backing, but all the others stuck TOO well!

Handy Glitter Tip: Toss your excess glitter on the floor - it's so hard to get back in the bottle any way. The glitter co-mingles with your dust bunnies (yours - I don't have any - ha) making them self illuminating, which makes dust so much easier to find, and vacuum up. No time to vacuum. No problem. Your floors are now decorated for Christmas!

Supplies: Papertrey Ink's 'In the Meadow' die set and 'White Adhesive Sheets', Martha Stewart glitter, and Jo-Ann Christmas ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! It was worth the fussy effort to get those cardinals on...so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous , I love your tag ! I think I need to go and get some of that sticky paper so I can make one of these. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL love your "glitter tip" also your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making tags at Christmas, too, and I have to say that this one is gorgeous, absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...