Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Vintage Images

Hi folks. One of the things that drew me to blogs in the first place, were all the wonderful vintage images to be found. My blog banner is an altered picture from a Dover pictorial archive book, no longer in print, "Children and Their World - A Treasury of Vintage Cuts and Illustrations". If you visit the link above, you can sign up for free samples of images that will be sent to your email once a week. Bliss.












My mother-in-law saved several children's books from before 1920's. I will be sharing some of those images here, from time to time.

 The first images are from the book "Folk Tales from Many Lands" . It was published in England (so long ago that the date is not available), and the illustrator was Willy Pogany. Above you see the title page.

The detail in the many black and white illustrations is amazing. I've removed the text from the image above so you can use the frame in your artwork.

Because Christmas is on my brain, I thought you might be able to use a couple of elf images (from the same book). They have been changed to sepia images and resized for use in a collage or Christmas card.

Hope you enjoy these. If there is anything I can do to make these images more useful, please leave me a comment, and I will try to accommodate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...